View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
1956cameo

Starting a Registry for BB trucks!

I am in the process of picking up another big block 67-72 truck. According to my truck books only about 4-8% of trucks each year were big blocks. So I got to wondering how many of those were 1/2 ton versus 3/4 ton, short bed vs. longbed, etc.. I was also curious as to how many still exist, and what other options they had.

To answer these questions I decided I would like to start a registry. If anyone would like to contribute information on their ride I will add it to the list. You can post the information here or PM me and I will keep the VIN private (you can block out the last two or three digits of the VIN if you want also). Below is a list of the things I will need in order to add your vehicle to the registry. We may add more requests if anyone thinks of more important questions to ask; but the SPID and a brief description on current status should answer most questions.

This Registry is open to all Suburbans as well!

To add to registry send:
1. Picture of the SPID.
2. Picture of vehicle and or door VIN plate (Optional)
3. Description if the vehicle, still alive, customized, bieng parted, or already dead and gone.

As I collect the data I will put it all into a log book, and after a while we should start bieng able to answer questions about these trucks that many of us may have.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 09-16-2010 at 09:40 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote