View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
Step'67

Re: Plasti Dipped the '67

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
sawthis product on a you tube video. do you have any samples of the metal flake ? was thinking od flaking the roof of my truck. with plasti dip it gives me a chance to make sure i want it done permament.
As I said in my application post, and as I did, you could take clear dip, thin it yourself, or buy it prethinned, mix your metallic in to the desired concentration, and spray. The worst that could happen is you don't like it and just peel it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped up View Post
looks good. how does it seal against the elements? will it cause more issues (rust bubbles underneath) id left on for a long time? i was told that wraps are very difficult to remove and advised on not wrapping my truck
Plasti Dip completely seals out any moisture from the underlying material. It was designed as a coating for handles of tools and what not. Rust does ideally need to be taken care of before application, but as long as that is done, no moisture will penetrate the Dip itself. It is actually relatively easy to remove, but will not come off on its own. I had a iffy primer job that the last owner had done, yet on my test area it didn't come off at all once peeled off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I never would have thought of Idaho having deserts, so I googled it. Weird.

Cool truck. 67's are the best
Haha, yes we do. Contrary to popular belief, most of us aren't actually pig and potato farmers up here. Our landscape varies quite a bit (as does our weather, but that's a rant for another day) from rolling green fields to dry desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
More info on both! Lol..... Truck and girlfriend.
She has to be cool she likes these old trucks!
She is definitely something special and always loves going for a ride in the truck. She even insisted in going to the senior high school prom in it. No complaints there