View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #20
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Weather stayed warm so I was able to spray 2nd coat of epoxy primer after a bit of sanding out the runs. Came out pretty nice.

I have now also had the chance to spray Eastwood ceramic chassis paint and it is not easy for a novice, this novice anyway, to spray. Some areas and pieces came out real nice while others not so much. I think it was a combination of using too small a tip in my spray gun, not stirring enough to keep ceramic particles suspended and not cleaning out nozzle between filling. If I would have used a bigger nozzle it may not have plugged.

It ended up leaving some areas rough feeling. I am going to let it sit for a week sand some of the rough areas and lay another coat on. I still have some of the 2k aerosol spray bombs for touching up. After some rewards it does appear to be a bit of an issue with the ceramic chassis paint but for the most part I think it looks pretty good.

Will try to get some good pictures tomorrow when I organize shop getting ready for another big chill that's a coming next week.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote