View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:11 AM   #41
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Question for the purists

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
As an admitted purist I say no harm in correcting a "birth defect" from GM. Keep the original GB door/SPID for wall art and have a new GB door/SPID made and installed after the build.

Who will whine that an OEM tach cluster, OEM tilt column, limited slip differential, OEM FM radio etc was installed? Done correctly these additions are a plus IMO. My current Blazer build will have the tilt, tach, FM, and limited slip rear omitted by the original buyer
I'm with you 100% on this. I've done some correct OEM enhancements on my truck and have more to do. I've added tach, speedwarning and vacuum gauge dash, chromed the bumpers and have an original tilt to install as well as original buckets and console to install. I also had Chipflyer make me a new spid to reflect what I've added. The original glove box door will be removed and a chrome one with the centre piece painted wrinkle black wil be installed with the new spid and as Pete said the original will be tucked away. If/when I decide to sell the truck I will disclose what I've done to the buyer and give him/her the original glove box door. I consider myself a purist and do not think enhancing/adding correctly OEM parts or accessories detracts from the value of a truck.
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote