View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #10
jocko

Re: Anyone else run braided hose from pump to carb?

It's not a "LOT" easier to do braided hoses - but you're correct not hard. Tubing bender is uber cheap at any parts store - as are the bare lines. The bulk of the cost up front is a good quality flaring tool - but it is a wise investment, once you have it, you have it forever. Not that expensive but more than the cutter and bender. I'm kinda weird, I somewhat enjoy bending the lines . It's pretty easy with the right tools - and if you screw up, the tools are already paid for, just grab some more inexpensive line and do it again. Not trying to dissuade those that want braided lines for the sake of braided lines - more trying to encourage anyone that hasn't bent their own to give it a try. The skill will apply to brake lines, etc as well - just with a different flare, that's all. As for quality - probably nothing matches a hard line - but braided or even quality rubber are also just fine and they do provide a little more flexibility on the install. I've done both - I tend to do the factory way if I can duplicate it as much as possible anymore - just prefer the looks of hard lines. Comes to personal preference, there's no wrong answer - just mentioning because it's always great to learn a new skill - and line-bending with a few basic tools is a good one to have one one's hip pocket. Here's my first braided lines on my first engine on my first car, a 57 bel air a looong time ago. Before I knew glass fuel filters were a bad idea EDIT: Am I dating myself with white headers... ha
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 11-16-2017 at 10:59 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote