View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Anyone else run braided hose from pump to carb?

I don't know why anyone would think a person asking why braided stainless is offended unless they get offended at silly minor things that don't even involve them. I have been here a long time and have given tons of advise and perspective that has helped other members here. I am familiar with the OP and his project at this point and my question was directed at him. Not trying to make stink, but will admit I am still questioning why. I think just a length of neoprene is exactly what he needs for temporary. Running braided stainless along with it's fittings isn't cheaper or better in any way than the OEM design. It doesn't take less time and it's not like he's dressing up his admitted oily greasy engine. Every line on my Harley is braided stainless (except hard line along frame to rear), so I am not against it when it makes sense. Some Harley guys will say that isn't good because the braided stainless will saw on anything it is up against. I have it all ran so that won't happen, though. I just think Ten Ring needs to do what he needs to crank that thing over, which I know is his objective here.

I'm very surprised the line he got from Inline Tube wasn't a perfect fit since everything I have gotten from them has been. I think what I'd be doing is find an OEM piece on the parts board. I save them when I find them intact, but have none for the 250 at the moment. I spray them with alumna-blast and they look great on a clean detailed engine.The engine looks clean with that line all tucked in so well and out of the way of everything else. But it's not my truck so all this is just me adding thoughts to consider, that's all.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote