View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
57 3100

Re: 1990 brake light switch

OK chevytech... you got me going int he right direction now man....

i see where the cruise wires come down from the switch and plug into a connector, making the 4 small wires into 4 bigger wires.
and although at the end of the harness from the switch is what looks like only 2 connectors, must be split down the middle making actually 4 connectors.

as stated before, at the switch all 4 wires check out good, but down at the connector i am only getting 2 that are good, pink=key on and blue=set/decelerate, and they are on the same leg.
the other leg, green and grey wire, im assuming should be for cruise on and resume/accelerate ? although you did say the gray wire was for the brake, and i pressed on the brake and could not get anything to light up.
so down at the connector, even though keyed power is working and set/decelerate is also working, since im not at least getting any power when the switch is turned on, im assuming there is a break, probably like you said, at where the column tilts....

i called autozone and they want $139.00 and 3-5 days, and NAPA wants $219.00, same wait. i found a new switch at rockauto for 45 dollars, and i just ordered one. should have it here sometime next week.

and i tried pulling on the switch and it came out of the socket just as you stated...

so, with your help, i am one step closer, and will report back next week when i get the switch in.... i have to remember to attach a feed wire to the end before pulling it out..... or i will be in trouble.

thanks again so much chevytech... could not have gotten this far without your help.
57 3100 is offline   Reply With Quote