View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
57 3100

Re: 1990 brake light switch

ChevyTech, thanks so much for the help..
it does seem that my 1990 wiring is different than your 1993.
you state there are 8 wires to your module, and on the female wire connector to my cruise control module has 7 wires,
brown w/ white stripe
white
blue
green
black
black w/ white stripe
red

so far all i have is my red wire is hot with key on and my blue wire gets hot when pressing the set/decelerate button. tomorrow after work i will check and see which wire, if any, gets hot when i press the brake pedal down. and i will double check to see if i get any wire hot when turning on the cruise. as of yesterday no terminal got hot when turning on the cruise.

what would not let that happen, if i am getting a hot wire when turning it on at the switch ?

and where is my PCM located ?

i really am not good at electrical stuff, and am surprised i have gotten this far. its driving me crazy and im just about ready to quit. i love my truck and want the cruise to work, but im not going to take it to a mechanic and spend a ton of money getting it going........

went to the junk yard today and there were a couple of trucks with the cruise box on them, but they cut the cable, and i wanted a box complete, so i left empty handed....

thanks again for the help..
57 3100 is offline   Reply With Quote