View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #2133
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I must have overlooked these posts till now. Starting with the swap meet. Ones like your experience may just be some of the best. It started snowing on my way to Spring Carlisle years ago and I kept on going. Going over the mountains I got to a state trooper blocking the way up. This is all fruit orchard country. I made a left and figured a right and a right would get me back on track eventually. Snow got to a foot deep out there! More to the story, but made it to swap meet, same thing but a few inches of snow and melt water running everywhere. For those who went it was an adventure to remember. I made a good haul that day. Some of my best times have been when conditions were iffy, I went on ahead, and had a great time... more memorable.

Sweet "car". They have to be the nicest vehicles out today.

That sounds like a wonderful cemetery, or memorial park. A well thought out site chosen. And a perfect peaceful place to peddle through. Funny how the whole "lineage" thing has meant more and more to me with each passing year. Funny how with age we get more "keen" on things in general. It's that older wiser thing I guess. Now what was that other thing I wanted to say? Oh well...
Hey! Keen and memory are two different things. I still have that thing I was thinking very vividly somewhere

Gawd do I hate moving. I moved my daughter quite a bit when she was single. I remember one April with perfect weather every weekend and I used them all getting her moved and set up. I love helping her, but all the enjoyable things I could have been doing, compared, was making it worse. They just moved to MI from MD and they had it all taken care of, didn't call on me at all. If it was anything else I'd be offended

I get up and sometimes I go. And when I really go all day I use up two days of it. I go a good bit for a good bit of most days. No problem, except I roll up the carpet when the sun goes down. By the time I get done eating the mental tired sets in and, "I'll call him tomorrow" etc, and fall asleep logging on my 'puter. Ever wake up scrolled to the bottom? Or period marks to infinity?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote