View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #363
jimdaug

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkn463 View Post
Registration: I assume you mean license plates? This is a ranch truck and runs farm tags which are way cheaper than commercial. It hasn't been tagged since they stated requiring a state inspection to get tags. When that went down the brakes were fried and it wouldn't pass inspection so I dropped the tags.

I do keep it insured, I just played dumb and gave them the VIN and they didn't bat an eye... there again, it is a farm/ranch truck in a rural area an insurance runs cheap here.
Yeah, it's registration/tags that was wondering about. There's a guy at the place I work at in Farmersville that has a 40-50s Dodge that's got a Detroit Diesel in it. It may be a 1 ton though. I'll have to ask him next time I see him. He might be under farm tags too. A lot of the guys out there live on some decent sized acreages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkn463 View Post
Was the roadkill F6 the bobbed wheelie truck? If you are not making something that will not be used anywhere near its capacity then you may want to get a big truck and a pickup and use/modify the pickup cab so that you can retain the VIN that is associated with a lower GVW.
Yeah, it's the wheelie truck.

I'll haven't totally dug into it yet, but are the cabs between the c10-c30 close enough that the fenders and hood from a c40-c60 match up decently? I've seen a couple of pictures where the gauge clusters looked almost identical.
jimdaug is offline   Reply With Quote