View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
b454rat

Re: Power Window Relay Mod?

This is right from CK5

I have been thinking about my slow power windows. It seems it isn't just mine, but everyone's. SO I have been seeing alot of topics about adding relays to headlights to make them brighter by adding full battery voltage. And I already added a relay to my starter for the same reason.

So, I am thinking about adding some relay's to my power windows, I looked at a diagram today at work and it didn't show any. I have no problem wiring it up, but has anybody tried this yet? If not, I think I will give it a whirl and maybe do a write up on it.

Let me know what ya'll think.

EDIT, I just got one side done, The drivers, and it is almost twice as fast as the passenger side now. It used to be slower. I used 2 standard bosch relays.
Terminal 85- power from the window switch.
Terminal 30- To window motor
Terminal 87A & 86- to Ground
Terminal 87- Goes to power, I used the junction block on the firewall, so I get as much voltage as possible.

I am going to do the other side, it is just too hot right now. It was pretty simple, and they work soo much faster. It's amazing how much voltage drop there is on 25 year old wires and connectors.
here's a pic of where I put the relays. I took the pic before I ran the power wire to them.
Attached Images

b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote