View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #130
LT7A

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamFromMissouri View Post
Scored the door stripes on ebay for a 1977 Chevy sport. Paid 80 bucks for em and they've never seen daylight. Came out of gm stock from somewhere-don't care where. They're original part number and still in the gm box. The colors are interesting for sure. Had a graphics Shop pull the images from the pictures we do have and now that we have the colors they're gravy to make in piece to wrap the truck exactly like the original pictures show. My 10 year search is finally over. I'll post pics when it's done and the trucks restored. The frame is being blasted and powder coated this week. Looks like I'm headed to texas for some rust free gm sheet metal. We're going to build a nasty 400 for it with an efi setup that wont molest any of the factory components and freshen up the original engine and put it into storage. It'll be sweet when it's done
AdamFM, very cool project that you're doing. Have you started a build thread elsewhere? Maybe you could and leave a link in this thread, or just update this thread as your truck progresses. You are the one making the leap from pictures and surviving decals to reproduction It sounds great, and it seems that there are a bunch of guys that would benefit from the reproduction stripes. Nice work.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote