Thread: 1978 luv # 2
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #21
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: 1978 luv # 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
I'm starting to think you have entirely too much time on your hands. When you finish this one,, can you come finish one of my projects!!!

I work shift work and get a lot of "me" time since I have all girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLT1 View Post
x2
i'm starting to think I should move closer..
I can make sure Hotrod don't run out of something to do on all them slow days..
I really have to many projects . I was just talking about tearing down the garage and adding on to it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
i had no idea these were valued parts. i see these at our local upullnpay all the time almost untouched.
back in the 90`s my uncle built up a 77 mikado lifted high and a turbo buick regal v6.
kick ass truck
I hear this all the time . These truck were "Japanese junk" to a lot back then . They are surprisingly well built though . I would venture to say built better than a full size . Borderline industrial in many ways . Fully boxed frame from front to back , 7 welded in crossmembers front to rear , tried and true double a arm design , torsion bars like a Mopar , the factory rear axle puts an S-10 axle to shame and is a down sized 9 inch basically . dang near bullit proof 4 cylinder Isuzu fork lift motor . They were sold as a "Faster" in Japan and a KB 20 through 26 in Australia based on which model or options you got . They are getting very rare . Most are on the west coast or south . Story I heard was they came hooked 4 each to drive them into cargo ships and the beds came stacked on the top deck unpainted . They unloaded them here and the dealers painted the beds and installed them along with the bumpers . They were then sold as "assembled in the USA" . For this reason some of the beds rotted out quickly due to salt spray also the dealers sold aftermarket stepside beds . They are beginning to get rare now . This one will be completely stock except V8 , auto and 9 inch . No suspension mods at all except shocks in the rear . They ride great with a V8
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote