View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #37
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Ok, so I ran into an issue today trying to fit my motor back in for some mock up. the problem is, is that I cant get the motor back in. I am new motor mounts and I cant get the holes to line up no matter what I try. The new mounts came with some metal tabs that must act as stop for the clam shell. First those were getting in the way not allowing me to even get the motor close to position. So i ground those tabs off and i could get the motor to fall into place. The issue is that once I have a bolt in one side, the other side is about a 1/2" off (the mount needs to move outboard a 1/2" or so.

The only thing i did not have on the motor which was exactly the same as when I took it out are those "spacers" that mount under the clam shell bolted to the motor.

I have the motor mounts bolted to the top two holes of the engine crossmember support bracket, or whatever you might call it. The part that bolts to the frame and the engine x member.

I was thinking maybe the frame was bent in, but all of the crossmembers and supports bolted right up, no problem.

Any ideas on what is going on here? Did chevy make an offset bushing part to the motor mount at any point. Is it possible that I have the wrong mount, even though it fits perfect between the metal part of the mount?

Thanks guys

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote