View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:07 AM   #39
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Hey guys,

Havent had to much time to get work done on the truck lately but I have been working on my 305 rebuild. I also had about 3mm milled off the wilwood caliper bracket and now the caliper sits centered. So the rear brake system is finished.

In regards to the 305 rebuild, I am zero decking the block, actually going to leave the piston in the hole about .005", just for safe being, or if I need to mill it more in the future for any reason. The block is at the machine shop now. I already had the block aligned honed and bored .30 over. The motor will see about 10.23:1 compression.

I did some oiling modifications to the block. I actually didnt take many pictures yet, but I have some from the mods of the 5th main cap. Pretty basic and standard procedure modifications. I ground out a lot of the extra casting flash in the lifter valley and the oiling holes that go to the rear of the block. As well as enlarged the oil holes behind the timing cover to allow better flow back.

I still havent figured out what I will do to spread the frame so the motor fits back in. I guess when the time comes I will loosen all of the crossmember hardware and see what happens. I can't tell if the driverside motor mount frame brace stand thing is bent in a bit more than the passenger or what is going on. Or maybe just by removing all of the crossmembers for powder coating, the frame settled in a different location. We will see what happens when I loosen everything.

Anyone every experience this?

Also built a nice steel work bench, was getting tired of working on the ground.
I am slowly building up my garage/shop here in austria. It sucks, because I am basically buying or making everything i already have in the US. Have a big bench vise coming in the mail along with an airhose reel. I am going to weld a plate off the right side of the bench for a bench grinder as well.
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote