View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:14 AM   #130
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Not to much to add except for a few pictures. I need to go away for the next week so I figured it would be a great time to re epoxy the metal spots and elt it really cure before I redo the Slick Sand.
I ended up spending about 10 hours getting the cab ready for epoxy. I guess I covered more of the cab with epoxy than I thought before I shot the S.S last time. But for everyone, really make sure your epoxy is fully cured before shooting Polyester. I had to undo so much work and hours of sanding because of this mistake. But lesson learned. I spoke with evercoat and they said normally you should wait around 72 hours before applying over epoxy. But maybe I just layed the epoxy on too thick, because the first round of S.S went over 1 day cured epoxy and it was no problem.

Anyway, thats where we are now. Next week one more round of S.S and then a round of high build and this cab should be as straight as it can be. Going over the cab with a straight edge the deepest low spot is only .005" deep. So I think 2 coats of S.S will take care of that. The rest of the cab doesnt show any light under the straight edge.

-Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote