View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #29
5Tractorguy

Re: What are you 1-ton guys getting for MPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest Bob View Post
PS My dad used to have a Gravely like the ones on your youtube channel banner. Pretty cool machines.
They are, and everyone who collects always has a mess of them! Last count I had was 42...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Yep... that is a much better design, aerodynamically speaking. Is that a word? IDK.. I have been researching aerodynamics a bit lately for my camper build and the absolute most important part of aerodynamics is the leading edge. Mongocanfly's headache rack is in the "shadow" of the cab and the front corners of the bead are smooth. These things will make a surprising difference in MPG's.

I get 8.36 MPG's with my dually. It is a big block though, so that isn't that bad.
As I said, unfortunately that headboard has to stay due to what I use the truck for. I thought that if I did take it long distance (and not have the bed full) I would remove the one currently on it and fab up a small 1ft, 1-1/2ft high deal just to keep stuff from sliding forward into the cab.

I think it comes down to the ECM programming at this point. Every other comp/tbi combination I had always ran around 10-10.5. I could start going through sensors and modules on the engine again, but those have all been done at least once in the past 5-6 years. Mind as well just bite the bullet and keep on driving. It's an old truck and a wind jammer on the highway!

5Tractorguy on Youtube
5Tractorguy is offline   Reply With Quote