View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #213
kikkegek

Re: Improve mileage 350 with Quadrajet

thanks robert....

I already did some research on changing tansmission, but for a TH400 in a 4WD it isnt easy and no plug-n-play...I read somewhere that the 4L80E might fit nicely, but you still need an adapter and only a couple of companys make them so you dont need the electronics...and they are expensive....

I did the ignition timing today using the new timing tab....!

made my own timing tape for my 8" balancer... 18mm per 10 degrees...

My initial timing was set at 11 BTDC (without the vacuum advance).

My total timing at unknown rpm was 32 BTDC. My Equus 3568 timing light is digital and isnt able to read RPM with the MSD 6AL connected.

Because LPG is allowed a little more advance, I adjusted to 14 BTDC and total timing advanced to about 34.

I then added the vacuum again and idle timing was something like 20-25? jumping al over the scale...

for some reason sometimes when increasing the rpm's the the timing was stuck at about 15-20 rpm....I then had to re-increase the rpm's and then I was able to normally read the timing again....I think this is because the Timing light isnt always able to read the sparks correctly of the pickup...

any body else have experience with this?

the problem is, that now my car is running perfectly on LPG, but almost wont run on regular gas...what timing are you guys using for regular gas?

I read somewhere that because my engine had all the smog-stuff connected that is might need different timing, because of lower compression? anybody know about that?
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote