View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: #the77_remix

The conversation with JD Terry was in the American Racing booth at the Lonestar Throwdown 2017. My friend from American Racing was involved in that discussion as well. We talked with Chris Plump about American Racing making one of our favorite wheels from the Heritage series in a larger size.

The VN474 Gasser is a retro styled wheel that would look amazing on my truck, but I really want to go with a 22". The marketing department at American Racing doesn't feel that they would sell enough of the VN474 Gasser in a size larger than a 20" so options were discussed.

Chris said that some consideration was given to adding to the line with more styles that pay tribute to the older classics but updated with contemporary sizes and materials. Of course he couldn't commit to anything, but he had my attention. As this project developed he put me with his designer Carter Hickman.

Carter and I discussed ideas that he had been playing with and it was clear we were thinking along the same lines. I cant offer any details at this time because all designs have to be approved by the marketing department. I can say that I am very excited to be working with Carter and I feel like we share the same vision for wheel designs.

I am pleased to once again be working with American Racing Wheels and #the77_remix will be on display at the 2018 Lonestar Throwdown Show in the American Racing booth.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-05-2017 at 09:55 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote