View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #10
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

the "stand alone" custom Harness has all the wire protected with either shrink wrap or that nylon braided wire tubing stuff in various sizes. All the connectors seem to be quality connectors. New 4 circuit fuse panel and multiple relays. 1st class all the way.

He left the end unterminated for the accelerator pedal...so it would be easier to pull the the firewall and I terminate it later. He also provided the pin out of course. Other wires are for DIC/OBD interface.

Drivers side harness all but disappears. Still need to install coolant sender and connect, plus air intake with MAF and connect.

Passenger side laid in great and everything fits great but the MAP sensor. Allen is going to check with Jon (one of his employees and the harnesses daddy ) to determine the best route to correct.

Still have to decide how I'm running pcv/breather hoses...then will likely upgrade them.

Rest of harness is laid down the drivers side fender. I'll mount the ecm and tcm to the inner fender (may build a small box for them) and the relays to the fender. If I decided to go the other direction with it I'd need to run it inside the cab...not something it needs or I wanted to do...so drivers side it will be. I need to rewire a bunch of stuff that's still there... plus finalize the harness install. Should look real nice when complete.

Still looking for a 4L80e/85e to replace the 200-4r. I'm getting quite a stack of parts now... between the 1st build from a '68 body and a '72 chassis and drivetrain, then the 383 upgrade, the carb'd LSx build, and now the carb'd/efi swap. Here's just a few pieces of it.....

still need to install the new fuel system and fuel/return lines. O2 sensors the air intake MAF on the way and to be installed. Also picked up a TB seal and new injector o-ring pack just in case...

I think everything is lining up to start it for the 1st time on "efi" this weekend! Just need to find a brand new 4L85e for like a grand and everything would be great!

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote