View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 10:32 PM   #23
Nodnarb76

Re: 1987 R20 Suburban LQ4 4L80E swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Very nice old burb project! Looks like you’re off to a good start too. Curious as to why you’re choosing to go with an aftermarket radiator instead of using the original radiator that was already in this Suburban (especially, if it was the big 4 core radiator that are typically found in BBC Suburban’s)? The big old copper radiators cool much better than the aluminum radiators anyway. Also curious about the reasoning for the Dakota Digital cluster? They look absolutely cool as heck but I can’t justify the price they’re asking for them. The cluster really doesn’t need to be changed to an expensive aftermarket cluster when doing this kind of swap although a lot of people think it does. I still use the original clusters 3 square bodies that have received late model engines.

Looks like a nice dealership to work in! Looking forward to more

Thanks, for the kind words! Going with the Enytropy Radiator for the cooling fans, steam hose fitting and cool factor. Plus my old radiator was getting kind of crusty inside. Going with the Dakota Digital Gauges for the convenient hookup, added tach, and cool factor as well.
I'm a service advisor for a Hyundai dealership and have keys to the shop so I can come and go as I please which helps a lot which is the good news, bad news is I work 12 hour days 4 days a week, and my job is 40 miles away, plus my kids get out of school at 2:30 and I need to be home for them on my off days, so I don't have a lot of free time to work on it. But in the little blocks of time I have found I do feel I've gotten a lot done! Plus I have a great tech who has offered to help with the heavy lifting and any trouble shooting if problems arise.

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote