Thread: Twin Turbo '66
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #17
bbluma

Re: Twin Turbo '66

While my uncle was welding up frame and working on that, i stopped at local yard store and got some 2 3/4" full aluminum round bar to make some solid cab mounts. Cut em on the horizontal band saw and finished off in the lathe so are all the same and a nice solid finish. They will help not letting the cab move at all with the roll cage.

I also was able to finally figure out the accessory drive, and find a belt that will work for it as well. Was a tad tricky finding how to mount and run everything while using an external water pump. Ended up using a tensioner from LSX Innovations that bolts to pass side head. I will clean it all up and get everything painted to finish it out.

Also attached a picture my uncle whipped up for his plan on the roll cage. He has one in his truck and knows what he does & doesn't like. So he added couple extra bars for extra safety and support. It'll cert to 8.50 and we will be good to go. I'm hoping this weekend we can get the main hoop going and start rocking on it. More to come as we build the cage in the coming months.
Attached Images

bbluma is offline   Reply With Quote