View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #724
kevinr1970

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Trucks

I was in the market for a 4x4. I originally wanted to find a '99+ 3/4 ton but wasn't having any luck finding one that was in good shape and cheap.

This one came up in my search as it is a 2000 but it is the old body style. It was realitively cheap and was in decent shape.
2000 Chevy 2500 crewcab 4x4
80,000 miles
7.4l (454), auto
4.10 with locking rear
Trailwagons Conversion although I am not sure what that really entails. I am guessing the color matched tonnaeu cover, color matched front bumper with PIAA lights, side step bars
It is fully loaded; leather, overhead console, cruise, power seats/locks/windows.
The guy I bought it from inherited it from his father about two years ago. It came with a stack of receipts including the original purcahse contract. Hard to believe this truck was listed at over $42,000 (sold for just under $38,000) and sold for almost 90% less than that 9 years later.

Although it is low miles it has been used pretty good.
There are small dings on pretty much every panel and lots of scratches.
Both bumpers need to be replaced but are usable for now.
Felt like I was going to break the key off in the drivers door trying to unlock it.
Has a flowmaster muffler on it, but the tailpipes after the muffler are rottted away.
When idling in gear the idles dips really low then corrects. I am going to do plugs, wires and have the FI serviced; it is going to get bad enough mileage so I should do what I can to help it out.
Broke the parking brake release handle when I went to drive it away from the guys house.

Anyways, enought talk, heres some pictures.
Attached Images

1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)