View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #17
cruizin01

Re: Longbed driveshafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
What is your gearing? I've got a t-56 with a 4.56 rear. 28" tall rear tires. Dyno'd at 590 hp on 87 octane at the flywheel. Haven't had it on a chassis dyno yet (still reassembling the truck).

The Driveshaft Shop (driveshaftshop.com) told me last week, after they suggested it, that a one-piece aluminum driveshaft 69" long at the predicted max rpm (based on 160 mph) would not hold together. They said a carbon fiber probably wouldn't either and I needed a two piece steel. That was mid last week and I still have not heard back from them.

I might call Denny's Driveshaft this week and see what they would put together. The Driveshaft Shop has a good repuation and they are local but i'm not impressed with them right now.
You have a lot more going for you than i do. Mines just a little mild 402. For now I'm just sticking with the stock 3.08 gear and the 4l80e. After I posted this, I shopped around and found a reputable guy that's gonna build me a steel shaft for about half the cost of the aluminum.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote