View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #132
boomy3555

Re: Work Trucks - Utility / Service / Company / Fire / County

This is my first post to the threads, but I'm not new to chevy trucks. In fact my Dad taught me how to drive in a 1964 C30 flatbed he converted into his plumbing truck. When we moved to the Oregon coast in 2001, we did so using our '62 c-30 flatbed. 292 straight 6 and four on the floor. Max spped was 65 (Well not safely. the motor was whining at 65) Let just call it 50 mph cruising. Let's face it, Granny doesn't get much use. I was luck enough to find this easy fixer 65 C-20 Stepside converted to a utility bed. She was born at the Freemont assembly plant in the San Francisco Bay area and grew up as a work truck for a man and then his son. I purchased her off Craig's list from the third owner which makes me owner # 4. The original 327 was replaced in 2006 with a used 350 from a 79 k2500. The three on the Tree, is taking a little getting used to, but I'm managing. The mosy luck part is that someone tried to paint her with standard spray paint and although it sucks, It save her from alot of rust. She still has a couple of small holes in the fender and door bottoms, but the sills an floor pan are almost rust free. they may have painted it wrong but at least they painted her.

As far as I have researched, ULITCO aka Utility body of Oakland no longer exists, or may have been bought up. The corporate liscense is inactive and no answer from the Googled phone number.Apparently, the boxes were attached to the existing bed after removal of the fenders. i don't know if the headache rack was added then or later. i just got her the other day and the rain has prevented me from pulling the plywood from the bed to see what's left of the original wood bed.
Attached Images

boomy3555 is offline   Reply With Quote