View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #62
Registered User
HO455's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 5,283
Re: Working Man's Burbon

Things have progressed to the point that it was time to apply the new seam sealer. The first photo shows it prepared and taped off. We initially were going to use the self leveling (photo 2) variety for the front and sides and the heavy body for the rear, but decided that the gaps above the windshield may be to large and the sealant would most likely run inside and not fill the gaps. So we used the heavy bodied on all of it. With this much seam to fill we worked in pairs to apply the sealant. Even so it was hard to stay ahead of the cure time. It came out OK, but like caulking I get more on me and things that I don't want it on. We used wax and grease remover to clean up my mess and to help feather edge it. The front was a pain to try and get smooth due to all of the misalignment of the rail and the roof panel. There is almost no channel on one corner (photo 4). There have been 2 pickups through the shop and neither one of them had the issues that mine has. And the last picture shows the final result.
Attached Images
Thanks to Bob and Jeanie and everyone else at Superior Performance for all their great help.
1967 Burban the WMB,1991 S(stink)-10 Blazer,1969 GTO, 1970 Javelin, 1952 F3 Ford 4X4, 29 Model A, 72 Firebird. 85 Alfa Romeo
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote