View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
Burbnasty

Dana 60 front swap/ lift - picture request.

As discussed on my previous thread I was wondering about axles.
I think I have decided on keeping the Eaton rear for now until I need parts.
I'm pretty sure I have a dana 60 front lined up with the 4.10 gear to match with the rear.

I have not picked up the suburban yet and as soon as I do I am going to do a lift, and axle swap at a buddys shop so I am trying to get all parts in order so I can make it a weekend project.

I have read through so many posts with different advise regarding lift and ride quality. I plan on making this a camping/ small camper towing/ trail rig. No serous off road.

I don't want this to look like a monster truck, I don't want to go any higher than a 4inch lift and maybe would just do a 2.5.

I've read that tuff country ez ride is popular but some say they sag on the passenger side. Basically for every suggestion i read someone else says something different.

I can get a very good deal on an all spring 4 inch rough country with all parts that has never been installed. I've read that its a rough ride but i've also read that rough country has cleaned up its act in recent years and is a great product. Its brand new as of this year and in the box

I want to do this right the first time, I don't want to drive a hay wagon.

I pick this up next week so I don't have many new photos yet.

What lift brand and how tall do you guys think I should use?
the truck will have a 700r4 and probably 33 tires.

Could you guys post pics of your 67-72 suburbans with lift brand and tire size?

Any other suggestions would be great.

I have so many more questions and am doing things a little out of order but I need to get parts lined because of my limited access to a shop with a lift.
Attached Images

Burbnasty is offline   Reply With Quote