Thread: 55.2-59 55-57 one piece windows
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #300
MD2020

Re: 55-57 one piece windows

1st thing
If you have vent windows I would leave them in.
let me say that one of my door came off some other truck, also my cab is a 4B, 1-1/2 ton cab I don't think if matters.
One of the mods that was not on the youtube.
I moved the nylon roller down
It made the window go up at a different angle.
the door hings is to the right and the door latch is to the left.

My truck had 1 piece windows when I got it but none of the youtube mods, had been done, so I did the mods a while back and now I am trying to finish up.
So the 1st thin I did was to pull out the old felt channel around the window and down in the doors and put the old glass in and roll up the window.
I cut some poster board to get the upper corners tighter and taped them on, also going down the sides I had to add some.
I laid myglass down on a 1/4" thick plywood and traced around and made my changes to get the glass to fit tight.

This corner has to be cut off enough to keep the window from binding when you first roll up the window and on the way down.

So I bent my new felt channel around the window and put everything in (no glue), so after trimming the plywood down several times I have it going up and down smoothly.
I think this will be a air leak at this point.
Note: one template will not work for both sides, so I will have two different size windows.

So I cut a piece of 18 ga. steel bent it on my cheep Harbor F break and cut relief cut in.AS you can see it's going to take care of my leak hopefully .

I had to make a inside piece too.

So more and more trimming and twisting I go it to fit.
A couple tacks here and there and hammer it to fit before welding more
So a short piece of the YM54R-96 felt should fix it.

All finished.

Last edited by MD2020; 10-13-2018 at 02:14 PM.
MD2020 is offline   Reply With Quote