View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #15
Pinchecharlie

Re: power vs manual brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Not the other way around?
Oh jeez , now I am scared I didn't pay attention! Those sizes and feel where for manual masters. So a small manual master will get hard fast and feel like more effort and as you get bigger get softer/go down farther. A 7/8 master with booster will be dangerously touchy and as you go up in size will get softer and require less effort. Right? So my power boosted master from cpp was an inch and 1/8 with a 10 inch booster. My manual booster is 15/16 and will according to willwood have the same effort as the power but at 1/2 peddle travel. Now i remeber that's how they design them! amount of force applied at peddle=x amount of line pressure in x amount of leg force and peddle throw!
That's the worst attempt at a math problem ever ha ha ha!!! So according to them you can with caliper cylinder size/master size/peddle ratio, match any combination of effort and pressure manually or boosted but you will reach it at different peddle travel and or peddle effort. They base them off 100lbs of foot effort after the mechanicle leverage designed by peddle ratio (I assume there is some multiplication of force due to ratio?). So I guess they engineer the peddle ratio around that (or you could)..I think that's what he said lol!!!!! O crap its in wilwoods faqs ! Only problem with any and all of this is that the calipers are designed around Iine pressure to brake x amount of weight in x amount of time with x amount of peddle force. So now as this equation evolves I am assuming the choices become limited. If I am having a drug induced flash back and have this ALL WRONG please correct me!
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote