View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
44boggers

Re: Why use the offset hole in a flip kit bracket

Really? I did not realize it would change the wheel base by moving the axle up or down or at least significant enough to notice it. I will measure my wheel base as it sits now and compare it to what stock is supposed to be for a short bed.

Thanks

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
and if you have a factory balloon shaft there not meant to be cut and welded with as the tube wall thickness changes from the balloon process . and most people cant get easy drive shaft mods done local and or pay to send it out and back and labor to do it .

plus moving a axle up / down in the leaf pack changes the center of the tire to the center of the wheel opening on leaf spring stuff .

i just did a 4" flip kit on a 4x4 and the axle was good but a hair forward . but since we had aftermarket perches brand new so cheep we had yet to weld in place we set the axle back 1" in the off set center pin hole in the aftermarket perches and WOW it made a huge improvement in the look and center of the wheel in the opening .

so in short the flip kit U-bracket is meant to have a off set pin hole for a very specific reason for most people buying the kit.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote