View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 04:38 AM   #29
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

Here we go! Picked up a parts truck to rob the cab/front clip/front suspension/transmission out of for the stepside up in Fairbanks this weekend and made a day trip out of it. 595 miles round trip, averaged 11 MPG with the 6.0L, on very crappy/hilly terrain. This was the first major trip since I've gotten the crew cab, and it performed flawlessly.

I wanted to stick with the 73-78 style front clip, but since this 86 is in such good shape (and complete!), and this being a budget build, I want to save money everywhere I can. So for now at least, I will be using the complete 86 cab and front clip off this truck. I love picking up Fairbanks trucks as they are always rust free. This particular truck will have plenty that I can salvage to either sell or use for my build. The bed is nice with the exception of the dent seen in the picture, tailgate is flawless, it has a sport bumper on the rear. Whole truck only has 87k, and someone swapped out the stock 305 for a 350 (doesn't currently run). Brand new starter, battery, and tires. Not a bad score for $1k! I'm hoping I can sell the parts off it that I don't use and recoup most if not all of my money for it.

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote