View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 AM   #557
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

So I have been trying to get this thing together enough to fire it up. I want to make sure this engine is ok and doesn't sling apart first time I fire it up.

My buddy came over Saturday and started rewiring and repining the 83 6.2 fuse block, engine wiring and cab wiring for me to work with the 88 steering column and what not. He does amazing work I am so glad to have his help that is for sure.

I have ran into some slight hangups though.

First one is I can't get a bolt in this spot for manifold, the frame is in the way.

Had to modify the banks oil return.

Another thing is where to find a new bushing for the throttle cable. Also I need the retainer clip to hold throttle cable on.

Also, since I am running the 6.2 IP stuff on the 6.5 will I have to do something funky for throttle cable linkage? I have the 6.2 linkage, I removed the cruise control piece from it and still have to put the other piece back on the IP.

I have decided to use the 6.5 stock fuel filter setup for now.

I bought a 6.2 OPS... Where does it mount? I tried taking out the plug in the back of the block but it was same size thread as the 6.5 OPS. Or should I just use the 6.5 OPS and wire in the plug for it? Is there some type of 90deg adapter I am missing? I remember those on the old 350s.

Also working on hooking up steering components.

Does this look right? Angle wise I mean.

2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote