View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
Mgicm

red hot rear wheel ..one side?

Very odd issue. Replaced master, brake booster, wheel cylinders on rear drums of a 73 3/4 ton GMC. When driving now several things happen. One is it feels like an egg you are rolling on. almost like a bent wheel or brake is grabbing. Front pads were redone and rotors machined. I cant tell if its front or rears that seem to be grabbing. So if I drive it about 10-20 miles, the rear right wheel gets red hot to the touch. rear left wheel is slightly warm. Smells like a burning smell from this one wheel a bit.

Adjusted rear brakes like 4x ..in..out...no change. rear drums are supposedly new.

I dont know where to go from here. Could it actually be something with the rear itself? An odd thing we noticed prior to adjustments - we pulled off rear wheels with truck jacked up in rear. put truck in drive. wheels spun..but right one stopped for no reason and then started again. left side wheel constantly spun. Never saw anything like it. Almost like something was telling it to stop.

Only other possibililty we thought of was the booster we put in was not an exact match of the original as far as the plunger. So it was modified a bit. Not sure if that could cause this.

sure appreciate any direction on this.
Mgicm is offline   Reply With Quote