View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #1286
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Good news for me today, first, my brother called and told me that the place that supplied the bushings for Marge that I screwed up on would sell just one even though they come in packs of two. So that $50 mistake is now $25, that's do-able.

Second, I though the inside of the drivers door was way worse. I got it out and started going over it and it's as nice at the other, it will clean up easy and I will get some epoxy primer on it this weekend.

But first I found of course, a few more things to weld. Geeez Anyway, if we don't hope for the worse we will miss stuff like this and cause us much bigger problems later. So I am glad I looked for the worse. It had a few mirror mount holes (VERY common with truck doors) that I remember seeing that were brazed up, figured I would leave it. Well, I cleaned them up and they were a mess. I had to use a burr cutter and open them up opening the hole much larger because of the damage done by the previous guy who brazed it.

Made the templates, made the patches and I am ready to weld them in tomorrow.

It's funny, my next thing I was planning was finishing up the inside of the cab and get it primed. Well, my daughters car is blocking the garage door up on jack stands for a brake job and I couldn't move the cab out, like that is going to leave me with nothing. LOLOL On a project like this, there is ALWAYS something, so I just grabbed a door and got to work.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote