View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #21
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

A couple more pics at the same level of completion:

The original hood was damaged in a deer collision by the original owner. There were extensive shrink marks underneath where it had been worked. Although it looked straight in photos, the passenger side hump was at least 1/2 “ higher than the driver side. It looked fine wearing the original flat yellow paint, but black lacquer would have glaringly displayed the defect. It was painted Rustoleum flat black and reinstalled while a long ongoing search for a replacement hood continued. Besides, having been a car and truck enthusiast since childhood, I thought the 60-61 hood was butt-ugly when I first laid eyes on them. Over the years I’ve come to appreciate the design a bit more, but I still wouldn’t want one on my truck. The hood I really wanted was the 62-66 GMC version with the attractive scoop in the center, but 10 years of searching never turned up an example worthy of purchase. When a rust free 62-66 Chevy hood came up I grabbed it immediately. At first I thought the stainless bumper bolts might add detail, but soon came to think of them as rather tacky and painted them to match the bumper.

Last edited by markeb01; 10-29-2012 at 11:36 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote