Thread: Triple Threat
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 AM   #17
izzy_Britton

Re: Triple Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
You can get the HB master rebuild kits from a few veeeery select sources if your interested. I did a thread on my basic rebuild of the unit on my '66.

My 05 has HB also, and it feels much softer than that on my '66. I might be undertaking another rebuild on that if it bugs me enough.
Its not the HB that needs rebuilding, its the master cylinder, the ABS unit is what worries me the most tho. afraid that this one part will cost me more than the rest of the truck did

I have a used master cylinder in storage that i will dig up this weekend and probably get started on that.

I spoke to a brake shop that i deliver to, he said should not be a huge issue on the small parts, but that the ABS unit will be the kicker, if i get it changed and the brakes want to hang then that is where the problem is. he suggested flushing the entire system with denatured alcohol just to be on the safe side, said it couldnt hurt it anymore than the containment already did. He also said that people putting power steering fluid in the master cylinder of HB trucks is a very common problem, he is thankful for these folks as it keeps him pretty busy.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote