View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint68 View Post
Gotta love Texas. In Nebraska it is extremely difficult to find something in that good of shape. Everything has been rotting forever here. Good find, I really like the wheels.
Texas is weird, East Texas trucks = RUST, but West Texas = SoCal/Arizona sheet metal. Here in Central Tex, it's 50/50. I guess mines about average condition for the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulblsc View Post
If you don't mind me going off topic and asking, what is the highlander option?
Basically it is a trim package, there were "A" "B" & "C" Highlander options. Usually they consist of A/C, ps, automatic, tinted windows, chrome, etc. The main difference is they had a special plaid seat covers. They weren't OVERLY rare or anything, just kinda a nice bonus for me to find after I bought the thing. If the search function was working, you could find info on it pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
For your inner rocker replacement, look into the part Tri-Pro sells for trucks, you get alot more to work with than the blazer version.
The full length truck part includes the lower 'A' pillar holes and a fair amount of floor area too, it'll give you more option's to work with.

Pic of the part I'm talking about:

Here's a decent thread to look over, it addresses where your heading...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=249323

Enjoy...
THANK YOU! I am going to go this route...gonna make a parts order next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMntnKng View Post
Cool rig!

I love those wheels....anyone know where you could get them in 8 on 6.5?
They are out there if you look, not sure if you can still buy them new or not; mine were put on back in the 70's according to the PO. They annoy me cause they are made from magnesium and need those special lugnuts, but they have kinda grown on me because of the "nostalgia" I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman316 View Post
Are you supporting the pillars with anything while you do the work or is the boxes doing their job still?
I don't THINK I need to do that, I have some floor jacks to put under things if I need to, but my torsion boxes appear to be in great shape (no rot what-so-ever, just surface rust), somehow, so I feel that everything will stay in place. Somebody tell me if I have lost my mind.

Check it out www.lsdyno.com

Last edited by Critter; 02-17-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote