View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 12:18 AM   #14
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetline - NZ Build

Gotta love a rainy day when you have no plans .... So i decided to work on the Apache.

Started by removing the doors and other than 2 broken cage-nuts I managed to get them out without 2 much fuss.

I then proceeded to strip the interior of everything bar the seat as we may be moving soon so I need it somewhat steerable. Only had one stubborn screw on the glovebox to deal too. A previous owner has made a massive hole in the dash so ill either need to patch it or use it as a template for a tablet or similar ......

Next I started on the subframe. I removed the radiator support brackets and made them bolt on rather than those crappy welded rivets. I plan to use this point to mount a crossbar too when I remove the factory front x-member.

Does anyone know of an easy way to remove the x-member (I see a lot of those welded rivets which is going to be a pain).

I also drilled the rivets in the rear roof/rear panel section and chipped away at the bog, man, its pretty dented on the rear and right hand side. I am definitely going to need a new skin.

Anyone know of a how-to to remove the skin, I couldn't find one.
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote