View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:29 AM   #17
The_Hub

Re: 1960 'Burb Revival (First Post)

Well it's been a quick minute since I've updated the few of you that read this.

I got the suburban to run. The PO had a return style fuel pump on the original-ish tank that wouldn't take a return thus not putting the extra fuel anywhere but back into the line. Created too much pressure or some kind of mini void and wouldn't let it run. Swapped that for another pump and she fired right up! I think the block may have some water in it since the truck sat without a distro for a few months. It started to leak out of a valve cover gasket but didn't run any worse or smoke out of the exhaust at all. (Fingers crossed that the head gaskets are okay.)

Decided to go ahead and pull the fuel tank to flush it. Spent a few hours cleaning it out and took a wire wheel to the outside to get a good coating put down. anddddd I found holes in the tank. I've got an offer from a friendly local C10 owner for a blazer tank for $20. I'll probably go snag it up this week. Tomorrow I'm going to drain the oil off and refill it. Run it again to see if its actually leaking. If all goes well I'll be loading her up to bring her back from my buddies shop to finish everything in my garage. Here's a couple pics of the tank.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686078
The_Hub is offline   Reply With Quote