View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 09:15 PM   #207
buffydores

Re: 1978 Russet Metallic 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipm View Post
Let me ask you this?? How low can the fuel get in your current setup before the sloshing causes fuel delivery problems? Do you have to fill up at 1/2 tank? 1/4 tank?
Well that's the thing. It's never happened. I'm obsessive compulsive. I never get close to empty. It's just not gonna happen. With a 31 gallon tank, I'll go down to 10 gallons, but not much lower than that. I was jacking around with the fuel situation because I was having some engine squirrelly behavior on the Ramjet with cold start up that I was thinking was fueling, but I've now ruled that out in my mind. That's a tuning problem.

The other thing is your setup looks like there's plenty of OEM connectors and such. I'd like to keep running a factory AC Delco sending unit and just add an extra hole with a cute baffled thingy to manage sloshing. That's what's cool about the Phantom setup. That said, what's your problem with the Aeromotive stuff. Are the pumps crapping out. Because that's a very attractive thing about the inline pumps. I can swap that in a pinch.

Last edited by buffydores; 06-29-2017 at 10:05 PM.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote