View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #38
MARKDTN

Re: Anyone here own or see a 70 C10 with factory disc brakes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
My sentiments as well.

However, it is possible that Chris Craft engine group might have done it with respect to marine engines?....who knows.....I don't, but it certainly was never any part of a GM car to my understanding.

All Good
Coley
I don't believe so. 1 thing is certain, you cannot make a 4-bolt small journal block. There is not enough meat in a GM SJ block to make it happen. Therefore '67 back is out(except for '67 350 Camaro or Z28 which is large journal). So it would have to be a '68 up large journal block. There are no LJ 4-bolt blocks in '68 model year. So it could only be a '69 or '70. By that time the 350 was out and everybody was gravitating to it-from what I am seeing including Chris Craft. I have never seen any evidence of a factory 327 4-bolt in any application-marine, combine, over the counter, etc. People built them, but GM never did. All of these engines for outside are still built by GM engine plants so they can't have components that didn't exist at that time. They were just marineized or agriculturized by other companies like Mercury Marine or Pleasurecraft Marine for boats or Massey Ferguson or whoever with special exhaust manifolds or accessories.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project

Last edited by MARKDTN; 10-25-2017 at 08:14 AM.
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote