View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Where is the best place to sell my 53?

That's a hard call. I think I would get it to the ready to load on the trailer point where you can actually have it rolled out in front of the garage when someone shows up to look at it ready to load it then and there and then put it on craigslist and Facebook for about 30% more than you HAVE TO HAVE out of it. That lets the prospective buyer bargain a bit If they are serious and have cash and the trailer behind the truck. When they show up with the truck and trailer you know that they are ready to do business, when they show up with the wife and kids in the family suv they are just out looking.

On Ebay you might reach a bigger market but be prepared to deal with shipping same as on here.

If you have a clear correct title that matches numbers on the truck that is in your name state that up front. That is becoming a real issue and is a good selling point. Clear title and current tags and registration make it a lot easier to transfer in some states. It usually isn't hard to transfer title on a currently registered out of state rig in this state but can be a pain in the butt on a rig with expired tags or no tags. Clear no opt title would mean a lot on a non runner in Cali. Kept the tags up and never went non opt might mean extra value to some.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote