View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #23
made2drag

Re: Help with 700r4 connector info...please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oydllay View Post
Yes, that's a very simple way to make it work. A word of experience though. Because there is no vacuum switch or speed sensing, when the switch is on and you hit 4th, the converter clutch will apply immediately following the shift. Things can get kinda funky if you are under any kind of load. You can alleviate that by turning off the switch until you want converter clutch but, believe me, you are gonna get sick of hitting that switch all the time! Again, your trans should have a TCC shift valve in it that has the final say on when it locks up. Regardless of the switch position. Try it and see how it goes. Back in the day, I used to tune that shift valve with different springs to make it shift like a 5th gear. It was nice because it only locked up under cruise and would disengage under load. It's a lot of trial and error and something you probably don't want to play with. If you're good at electrical you could use a couple relays and wire it to your horn button. One push for on and push again for off! Cool eh?!
Thanks!
I ordered my kit from Superior. It has the pressure switch and fittings and I bought a toggle and 4 pin pigtail. I think all I have to find out now is which 2 on the connector goes to the solenoid and which 2 will be unused. The rest will be easy to wire up and i'll try leaving the toggle switch on the "on" position and see how it goes. I'll get this done in next 7 days and let you know. This thread might help someone else searching on the board.
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote