View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #18
darrellyates

Re: If you had to buy an aftermarket tailgate .... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
I,d love to see the pic,s. of the tail gate mod on that gold n white truck.
Use the search engine on this site. Enter "tailgate handle relocation"... It's "LFD's Tailgate Handle Relocation"... Was the first one that popped up when I did the search. I didn't take pictures of the actual process, as it's documented on this site already. Just really have the "after" pictures. I have some in primer, but really not any different from what's already on this site.

I simply followed the instructions as already posted. I did take time to paint everything inside with POR 15, and sprayed some cavity wax, but I don't really think that was necessary. The only additional thing I'll add is to hook up your release rods prior to drilling the holes for the mounting plate (kit came from Mar-K in Oklahoma).

Speaking of relocation kit, I think about everybody who sells them sells the kit from Mar-K. There may be others, but this is the industry "standard" kit.

The other thing I did was use a trim piece from the bottom edge of the tailgate so I have a one-piece across the top. Have to use a dremel tool and reshape the end of the aluminum trim piece to get it tight to the curve of the tailgate, but no real big deal there either.

Again, I did nothing special or different from what is already here, it's where I copied what I did...

Thanks!!
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote