Thread: 47-55.1 Salvageable Grill?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #15
paulspickupparts

Re: Salvageable Grill?

Here is a reply from a site member on the repo grilles. Not sure if I have this linked right but here it is

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...380212&page=12

Comments from Post 277 : "I purchased a new grill from classic parts and was more than displeased with it. Not a single bar was bent the same, the ends were all out of wack, there were fine scratches in the chrome, and I would have had to beat the ends up pretty good just to get the grill ends away from gouging the fenders. I was pretty upset after spending $400 for the grill, so I called classic parts saying I wasn't happy with the quality of it. The lady then proceeded to tell me that quality is an opinion. Lol WHAT. so after bickering around finally getting them to give me a return label, I got all my money back.

Then I went to the factory grill, and I tore It out and disassembled it to get the front bars chromed. 40 rivets later, I had the bars off. A few weeks later, I had the bars back, and they look awesome! I still have some panel alignment to mess with before I toss it back in."

This member has a very nice truck. If you live with lower driver type quality a repo may work for you.

Also you cannot sub in a big truck grille bay as they are a different height than the pickup grill bars.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote