View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 05:10 PM   #6
kipps

Re: 454 Dually....5.3 Swap....Pros and Cons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Assassin View Post
I don't think it will be bad at all since the bellhousing is the same pattern. I just need a 2000's 6.0/NV4500 clutch setup and crank spacer.

Unless you know something I don't.
No crank spacer needed. Just a 6.0 flywheel from the mid 2000's. nfw1050 is the classic example. It will fit a LS clutch, which will be the better option because it has more friction area. It will also fit an old-school 454 or 350 clutch, which will be the cheaper option. Just price out the parts, and decide if the extra friction surface is worth it. You will need to ream three of the bolt holes in the gen 1 pressure plate if you go that route.

I "think" all the chevy nv4500's were 10 spline by 1-1/8 diameter, but keep that in mind.

That 6.0 flywheel will still leave you with a 1/8" misplaced clutch surface. Use an adjustable fork pivot ball to make up the difference. Note that the fork pivot ball that I referenced in the link below will probably not fit your transmission.

Keep in mind that the commonly recommended manifolds for LS swaps are not assuming manual transmissions. Your passenger side external slave might be a challenge to get around. A driver's side slave can be cleared with a LS1 F-body manifold, but I think the passenger side manifold for these cars dumps further back.

Link to some of my measurements. Scroll down to post #11. Some day I'll get around to finalizing that list and neatening it up a bit.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...lhousings.html
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote