View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #72
Coley

Re: Pictures of 1967-72 motorhomes

Wow...that looks like a fun, interesting find.
If that's on a 1 ton chassis it probably has a 4:10 gear or maybe a 4:56 gear in the back....some of the other guys can weigh in.
As for the camper part, like a lot of older campers they often suffer from leaks in the roof...but they are repairable.
I've restored a couple of older campers/trailers and there are some really neat things you can do to fix them up and personalize them for great camping.
As for the roof...definitely work to repair it and reseal it then, what I do is every year I clean and 'paint' it with the rubberized roof RV paint which keeps it dry.
The other big thing is the appliances.
There is a good chance the fridge no longer works...so keep an eye out for someone dismantling a more modern camper or trailer and try to get the fridge out of one those...ideally 12Volt/120volt...and definitely working on propane.
We have an older 14' trailer which I fixed up....added more and better lights, accessories, cool vintage detail parts,....lots of fun stuff.
The great news is that......you only really have one (small) room to renovate instead of a whole house, lol.

Post up more pics when you get a chance.
All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500