View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 08:49 PM   #4676
Casper42
Account Suspended

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Report that POS business to your state's Attorney General. that's fraud AND theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
I pulled my bumper out of the car, cleaned her up. There was a tiny blemish, almost looked bleached. Rubbed that out, nice. Wrapped it up and put it on the dining room table.

Represents the last of the restoration, the bumper was left well over a year ago. The last part to fall under a covid mentality economy. Yeah sure, "6 weeks". I dropped the front and rear off 260 miles from me. 5-8 months in they tell me the rear is done, but not the front. Then, "front is done, but it's scratched."

Months later, "they're perfect, come and get em." So I did. I had a hunch the front was an imposter, confirmed by images when I arrived home. Plus I found the imposter had 5-6 part number stamps, not GM. Let me know if you ever find an OEM front bumper that's GM stamped. I believe they only had stickers. Anyway, I raised heck, and the boss found my bumper. 1-2 guys claimed that gee, the imposter was in better condition so we refinished that for you. BS. So the wait continued.

January 23rd. "Your bumper is done", call back in an hour and well report our inspection. Well, since I was in an ambulance I didn't make that call, which happens when you break a femur and damage the pelvic socket. I took a real hard fall, the hip took all of it, just as well have struck it with a sledge hammer, not good, full hip replacement.

Anyway, the shop said a guy is traveling, and could meet up 150 miles from me for the bumper swap. Since my girlfriend lives there perfect. So we agree on a date, which was 4.5 weeks after my accident.

Oh great, "storm of the century over the Sierras", exactly where I need to travel. I'll be dang if I miss the opportunity. I ended up traveling on perhaps the worst day of it, couldn't help it, but I found a window of "65-75% snow" for 2 hours instead of 100%, and headed out.

I've driven worse, but 5-6 times I had to immediately stop due to white outs, twice someone was behind me. Happy to say they were careful. Lucky there wasn't too much wind and gusts, 190 MPH recorded a prior day(s). Drive was fine, I was comfortable. After 3.5 hrs., and on the other the other side of the mt., I stopped for a pee and snack. Get out of the car; oooops, unexpected, I can't move without real pain, hmm, don't have a cane, baby steps across the parking lot. Eventually loosened up with a Tylenol and such, though not much improvement until morning. Other than that I've gone this pain killer free since after the first week, I suppose the trip called for something.

With that day being the exception, there's improvement everyday; nearly lost my limp, gym-time, PT. Pain is tolerable or nothing. You tend to think twice about falling again. Still can't tie a shoe, and have learned to like slip-ons. I'll get there, blessing I was in good shape from start. Just thin, no padding for the hip. No more jumpin' rope, did that 40+ years, I'll miss it. No more runs with my girlfriend, funny, I never ran before short of sports, but at 60 my girlfriend talked me into it for occasions, despite smokes I found it pretty easy. Well, that lasted two years....ha ha haaaaaa. What a coincidink, my first SS check too, hmm, hexed, "destiny, destiny, no escaping that for me" I'll learn to like and respect my new hip, and I like the bumper, time will tell. Will install it soon, and stamp the project done.
Casper42 is offline   Reply With Quote