View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
NeoJuice

Re: Brake Bleeding Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gippetto View Post
I was going to add this post to the sealing bleeder screw post of last week because it hit on exactly what I was experiencing vacuum bleeding my system. I replaced bleeders and wrapped them with Teflon tape which fixed the leaking. I understand that taped threads are scorned in pneumatic and hydraulic applications but in this case, carefully applied, the tape is outside the system.

I finally was able to bleed the system or it appeared bubble free. I went around the truck three times and re-bled to be sure. Before that I bench bled the master cylinder a second time after installing a remote reservoir kit.
Up until now I had not touched the brake pedal because the Caddy Seville rear calipers had to be off the rotors and positioned so the bleeders were pointing up. So with rear calipers installed I pressed on brake and it was totally soft. Not even a remote resistance or wheeze of hydraulic fluid movement.

What I am asking is what is my next action. Where the system is appears so dead, should I start with another bench bleed or use the pedal and do a two man conventional bleed? I am thinking maybe the vacuum bleed moves the fluid so slowly it doesn't capture bubbles trapped in high points.
What thoughts can you add to my failure?
I was reading through your thread just like mine lol. I hope to hopefully have my leaks fixed tonight so I can actually bleed my brakes. I have the same 1980 caddy Seville rear calipers on my 1980 trans am rear diff.

Check out this video at the 2 minute mark. You shouldn't have to bleed them off the truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_17Gg7tdg
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote