View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #233
BRL

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
...Since the driveshaft was only removed and not disassembled, there would not have been an issue. This is a common source of confusion.
Oh OK, the one I removed was a one piece driveshaft, and yes I was always confused why a person would have to mark it.

But of course we're talking about a two piece here, so I now see why the rear should stay aligned with the front.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
You put a plug in the transmission, right? Or did it mark its territory all the way home?
...um...that would explain the dark stripe and all the cars behind him flying off of I-20 West!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpetersc View Post
Oh gosh, I didn't plug transmission at all, is it hurt?

And maybe I didn't mention before that I did disassemble, had one or more suggest doing u-joints while it was out. (I had to remove center u-joint to get to the bolt for the yoke anyway).

But, please tell me more about what you mean regarding the transmission. I'm worried again (or more) now.

I believe Steeveedee was referring to the tranny fluid coming out the back upon acceleration without a plug back there.

Stationary is fine and may only leak a bit of what fluid is above the bottom of the rear yoke opening.

Probably wouldn't hurt to tie a plastic bag or something around that opening anyway, to prevent dirt or dusty junk from getting into your transmission.
BRL is offline   Reply With Quote